Saturday, April 26, 2014

Liss Thomas, The Guardians of Esurack

Disclosure: I received this product in order to facilitate my review.


I stumbled upon a book series by Liss Thomas called The Guardians of Esurack. Luckily she was looking for reviewers and I quickly applied! The books (two currently released) are a steal on Amazon with the kindle editions costing only $1.99.

Finding Monsters takes us on an adventure as Missy, a teen dying of cancer, discovers her monster under her bed. Charlie, her self named monster, reveals himself and the two continue on into his world. There we meet talking animals, a troll, and even dragons as Missy quests to become a monster and join Charlie.

In Becoming Monsters we get to see Missy, Charlie, and Saal's relationship develop as they chase down Anukkhan to retrieve Missy's stolen blue light. This book returns them to the human world so I was a bit anxious to see how the story would develop. Being a sequel I wondered if it would live up to the first book and the hopes I had now that I was introduced to the characters. It totally did!!

I'm not going to give away spoilers but Liss blends this seemingly unrelated group of fantasy characters as smoothly as can be. I was honestly impressed that neither book seemed forced. Both  are full of emotion from start to finish and luckily have great happy endings!! I'm such a sap for that!

If you want a book or two in which you can escape I highly recommend both Finding Monsters and Becoming Monsters!!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment