Saturday, October 31, 2015

Babyfood storage

So Oliver is finally eating solids. While we've tried our hand at baby led weaning it's not for O. He much prefers purees. That means I'm making a lot of homemade babyfood. Squash is his absolute favorite and it's the perfect season for it too! I've used lots of freezer molds over the years but most have been too small (require me to use 3-4 cubes each time) or too hard to get frozen food out of (plastic over silicone. I recently tried the VenBaby Silicone Baby Food Freezer Tray and it's been great. It has seven individual compartments, is made of silicone, and comes with a tight fitting lid. Each portion is 2.5oz and easily pops out once frozen. The silicone is food safe, microwave, oven, freezer and dishwasher safe too. 



Other fun uses could includes making smaller popsicles, storing herbs for winter use, and much more.  So now that I've write this post I need to head into the kitchen and turn the last two squash I purchased into food for O! Steam, puree, and freeze time. 




I received this product in order to facilitate my review. All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment