Thursday, February 17, 2011

Coupons Galore

I'm helping to co-organize my local mom's group now and a few weeks back saw an offer from a local blogger who gives coupon classes. I thought that would be a great event for the moms so it was set up for yesterday. Karen, of Saving the Family Money, did a great job and gave us some hints on how to maximize savings. Moms and babies alike had a blast.



I spent a bit of time last night after Nolan went to bed starting to get organized so I can make a nice go at this. My coupon organizing skills are the first thing I'm working on but in the mean time I wanted to have one fun store run to keep me motivated. So with a huge pile of coupons still on the kitchen table and not in a nice binder, I did my first trip.


I spent a total of $15.62!!!!!!! Here is a list of everything I got:
12 cans of Progresso Soup
2 Wanchai Frozen Meals (reg. $7.99 ea)
2 bottle of Wishbone Salad dressing
8 jars of Organic Earth's Best babyfood
2 frozen packs of Green Giant Vegetables
4 cans of Green Giant Vegetables
2 large cans of Organic Tomatoes (fire roasted and basil)
1 Sobe drink

Overall I think it was a great shopping trip and I loved seeing the price drop as all the coupons were scanned!! I shopped at our local Publix which was having a great Italian Days sale complete with store coupons for the Progresso items. Matching store coupons and manufacturer coupons on items that were on sale already led to such great deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment