Sunday, June 9, 2013

Zoo Time!!



I went with the family down to Jacksonville's Riverside Art's Market yesterday for their kid's day fun. This market is awesome and a weekly event here in Jax almost year round. There are local arts and crafts vendors and my favorite the food and produce ones! I'm all stocked up with brussels sprouts, yes I actually eat them now, and some zipper peas, no idea what those taste like yet. While Nolan was trying to coax dad into taking him to the bounce houses, yes he eventually did, I was checking out the kid friendly vendors.

One booth we stopped at was Bean Tree Pediatric Dentistry. They were giving away free toothbrushes to all the kids including this awesome one for infants I had never seen. It has an easy to hold handle and Carter thinks it hilarious on his 4, almost 6 now, teeth! They also had a huge jar of jelly belly beans for everyone to guess the amount. I asked Nolan for his input on how many beans he thought were there. I decided to forgo using his pick, 4, and instead did a rough count/guess and went with 1,236. The winner would win a family membership to the Jacksonville Zoo. We were membership holders for years until we moved last summer. Then, the cost of both gas and the bigger membership we needed now that Nolan was over 3 meant a big increase so we held off renewing and have missed the zoo since Carter's birth.

Right before bed, I checked my email one more time and guess what I saw? An email telling me I had won!!! I was exactly 40 off from the total and was the closest. Woo hoo. We already had plans to go to the zoo Monday ironically so now I'm picking up our new year long membership and so excited.

Check out Bean Tree Pediatric Dentistry if you're looking for children's dentist in the Riverside, Avondale, or Ortega area. Before winning the giveaway I had already "liked" their facebook page and was curious about this new practice in town. I've heard great things from my Fruitful Vine mom's group and wish them great success! Thanks for making my boys so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment