Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Awesome 80's!!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

If you've ever been around my hubby you know he's obsessed with 80's music. When I saw the Jammy Jams new CD "Eighties Babies: Awesome '80s Go Lullaby," I jumped at the chance to check it out. It was one of those times I knew he'd be excited when he saw what came in the mail!! These are available on iTunes, on Amazon (mp3 download or CD), and on their website linked directly below.

Nolan has his own iPod (of course our old 1st generation one!) and it's hooked up to speakers in his room. Normally it plays the sound of a vacuum cleaner to him all night long but I decided to give him a treat and let him hear some fun jams. These songs are instrumental and so many of the great classics we ALL know and love. Two of my favorite tracks are In The Air Tonight (originally by Phil Collins) and Private Eyes (originally by Hall & Oates). Nolan asks me every night to sing to him... poor kid has no idea how terrible I really sound. Now I have some new ideas and don't have to keep singing him the "Hush Little Baby" song I make up random lyrics to! I sing the lyrics as the instrumental only versions play in the background.

I'm probably completely wrong on exactly which instruments I've been hearing but the songs are composed with not just the traditional choices of guitars and bass. I heard what I thought was bells, xylophone, and more making it very dream like and relaxing.

If the 80's aren't your thing, I feel sorry for you Jammy Jams has some other fun titles and one is bound to be your style.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment