Monday, March 10, 2014

Haven Series Book Review

Disclosure: I received this product as part of an advertorial.


I'm a fan of reading books which allow you to escape from your own life and explore another world. I'm not really into reading books that mimic my own life. Reading is an escape for me. Haven Books 1 and 2 did just that! I definitely can't do magic nor do I have awesome hidden family secrets.

Book 1 is a quick read (technically a Novella I think?) that introduces you to Sam, a typical teenage boy, and his single mother and sister. Not everything in his life is as ordinary as it seems and the family secret begins to be revealed. Book two jumps right in where one left off and gives you a bigger glimpse into Haven. Can't wait to read on and actually experience some story that takes place in Haven. Although it's the title of the books, the actual world of Haven is just introduced in the books and little action takes place there yet. Based on the Book two ending, book three will be in Haven! This series reminds me of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. If you enjoy those books be sure to check our D.C. Akers!!

Both books quickly captured my attention and kept me wanting to read more. I put the kiddos to bed and stayed up entirely too late reading on my kindle app.

I finished book two today and now can't wait to buy three once it comes out!!  Want to read these great books for yourself? Leave a comment below with your favorite genre of books and I'll randomly draw a winner on 4/3 to receive a digital copy. Don't worry you don't need to own a Kindle or Nook to read digitally. If you haven't tried it before, Kindle has an app (free) and there are others such as OverDrive and iBooks. I love reading on my phone because it's ALWAYS with me.

Directly from the publisher:


Haven Series Collection (Books 1 & 2)

A Stranger Magic (Book 1):
Sam Dalcome thinks he is so completely average that no one ever notices him. Until he discovers a mysterious stranger outside his home. Bewildered, he tries to uncover the stranger’s intentions. But Sam is sidetracked when he and his friend Travis discover a secret passageway deep in the town’s quarry that leads to a hidden cavern. What they uncover next will not only change their lives forever, but will uncover the first clue to a deadly Dalcome family secret. Sam finds himself drawn into a world of mystery and magic he never knew existed, which brings him closer to a destiny he never knew was possible.

Revenge of the Viper (Book 2):
The Great War of Haven ended thirteen years ago but Alisa Dalcome is about to discover that the war did not end for her. Placed on Earth as a sleeper agent for the Majesty of Haven, Alisa had one objective—protect the portal keys at all costs. After barely escaping the caves Sam begins to piece together the past day’s events when he stumbles onto his mother’s secret past. With the clues mounting, Sam must dig deeper to uncover the truth that could change his life forever. Can Sam uncover the truth in time or will his mother’s past collide with the present placing them all in grave danger?


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. this look like it would capture my attention and not wanna walk away!

    ReplyDelete