Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Treasure Trax treasure hunt!


You probably remember me posting about Nolan loving to play detective and treasure hunt here. When I saw the game Treasure Trax I jumped at the chance to try it out. Treasure Trax is an all in one treasure hunt scavenger hunt game for children from ages 3-5. It comes complete with location and clue cards you disperse as instructed to set up the game then sit back and watch the children search.



I set up a playdate with my moms group and we had 10 kids from ages 3-5 in attendance. We split the group up trying to make each team even and set up a different course for each group. The game starts with location cards that direct the children where to go. They are locations pretty much eery house has. Then there are clue cards there. these are letters and colors. So once you've sent the kiddos to the kitchen table they might find a clue card wit the color yellow. Standing where they are they can look around for something yellow. Under the yellow object they'll find a new location to continue on to and a "reward" card. The reward cards are pictures of various animals.

The kids had a blast playing the game and form their standpoint it was a hit. When the adults were worn out the kids were sad to stop playing. The game does require parent involvement as you set the entire thing up. It takes as long to set up as it does to play most times. I think in the future we'll skip the reward cards and hide actual tiny rewards along the way (stickers, suckers, animal toys) because the children were a little confused as to what was a reward. Since they found so many cards along the way a card with an animal didn't seem too different.

The clue cards direct the children to either colors or letters. The letter part can be tricky for those closer to 3 so a good age range is best.  For example, one of our clue cards ended up being the letter B on the kitchen table. We also placed a Bag on the table and under Bag (is for B) we hid the reward. The kids had to realize that the B card directed them to look under the Bag to find the next step. Overall I love the idea of the game. I wish there was a magic genie to set it up as I as pretty exhausted setting up and then walking through and helping them with each step. It's still much easier than starting from scratch with your own treasure hunt though!

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment