Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy, but disappointed!

I should be really excited but I can't help but be a little disappointed. I won 4 tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas at Disney World! I'm sure you're asking, "how could she possibly be disappointed?" Well here is what happened.

I've spent the past two weeks entering a contest on our local MomsLikeMe forum to win 4 tickets to Disney's Christmas special, 2 nights in a Disney resort, and a $100 gift card to spend while there. Basically in order to enter enough times to have a shot at winning I spent about 30 minutes online every night after putting Nolan to bed. That's a lot of my free time!! I figured it would all be worth it though if I won!

The email I received telling me I could pick up the tickets at the local news station said I had won 4 tickets but didn't mention the other parts of the prize package. I re-read the official rules and indeed more than just the tickets was offered. When I went to pick up the prize, all I was handed was four tickets that are only good on one specific night and a Sunday night at that.

I asked the person in charge of the contest about the other parts of the prize package and she said that she had made a mistake and they were supposed to go with a second contest being run for Disney annual passes. The rules for that contest don't mention anything about a giftcard or hotel nights being offered. I understand mistakes but suddenly the prize is waaaaay less valuable. It seems like a mistake was made but since it was listed that way they should be offered with this contest.

I'm trying not to feel greedy but it's really hard!! You can't run a contest for a prize then only give away a third of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment