Sunday, May 8, 2011

Coupons Galore!! Again!

If you’re only here to see Nolan pictures this is going to be one long post you’ll want to skip! Lots of people have asked me how I get such great grocery deals. Here is a little run down of what exactly I do to save and what my latest purchase was. I read the blog www.savingthefamilymoney.com and follow her on Facebook. I print off coupons as they are released and they sit by the printer until I am ready to organize them. To save on paper costs I’ve gotten all my paper free at Staples (with rebate) and buy as that deal appears. I buy my ink in bulk on Amazon but do use about $10-15 dollars of ink a month. I get one paper delivered to the house on Sundays for $1 a week. I also subscribe to All You magazine which is available in Walmart for $2.50 per issue but I purchased using ebates.com on magazines.com. It made it $0.49 an issue and comes with $75-80 in coupons each month.

My coupons are organized and this is the key! The longer I’ve been doing it the better I’ve-- become. My first few deals were good but not this great! My three ring binder has individual page protector holders in which I put each weeks inserts and label them accordingly. I keep the inserts in there until all the coupons inside expire. –At- the back I have a labeled page protector holder for each store I go to and put store coupons I receive there. It makes it easy to find the coupons the various websites tell you were sent out. If I see a coupon I really want to make sure I use I clip it. Those coupons along with all printed coupons and coupons I see in the grocery store are put into a small accordion file and organized by what kind they are. A new thing I am trying is actually putting what each coupon is for into an excel spreadsheet before I file it away. That takes about an hour every two weeks but is making it easy to search the coupons I’ve found along the way and collected. If at any time I am buying something I do not have a known coupon for, I search the coupon database (on saving the family money’s website) and double check. That saves a lot on items I have to buy anyways. Even items you don’t think of as having coupons really do!! Last week it helped on rechargeable batteries. I also sign up for samples as manufacturers usually send coupon with the sample.

Before I go to any store I know 90% of what I will buy and what it will cost. All the coupon for the trip get moved to a small envelope in the front of the binder and as I pick up the items in the store I put the coupons in a pile. This holds me accountable for finding everything. The stores in other parts of the country are different but each area has one main grocery chain that couponers will shop at. They will have the most liberal coupon policy and often double coupons or accept competitor’s coupons. Here in FL it is Publix which accepts competitor’s coupons. For me competitors include Whole foods, Target, and Winn Dixie. Whole Foods and Target have coupons available online that I print as they are released and Winn Dixie gives them out in store. Since meat is most affordable at Winn Dixie and not really purchasable by coupon often, I pick up Winn Dixie coupons when buying meat. Publix accepts one manufacturer’s coupon and one store coupon for each item purchased. This allows me to “stack” coupons. It’s the best deal when an item is on sale, preferably B1G1 free, and I have a manufacturer coupon and store coupon for it waiting. You can use coupons on the “free” item in a B1G1 free transaction too.

Here is what I got!!
2 Yoplait Smoothie Mix, assorted, 7.6 oz bag, $3.19 B1G1 free
  $1/1 Yoplait Frozen Smoothie use 2
Paid $1.19 for 2

2 Knorr Sides, assorted, 3.8-6.4 oz pouch, $1.53 B1G1 free
   $0.55/2 Knorr's Recipe/Sauce/Gravy Mix Product 4/17/2011 RP Insert (exp 5/14/2011)
Paid $1.00 for 2

10 Crystal Light Drink Mix, assorted, $2.99 B1G1 free
  B2G1 Crystal Light Drink Mix Product 4/3/2011 SS Insert (exp 5/31/2011) use 1
  Hanging in my Publix store by the item was a booklet of Publix coupons for $2.00 off each.   
  I hadn’t planned to buy this many but did plan to use a target coupon for $1/3 instead   
  which was still a great deal.
Cost $14.95 to buy, used $22.99 in coupons – MADE $8.04 for purchasing them

2 Hawaiian Bread Snackers (these are sub rolls of the Hawaiian bread) 2/$3.00
  $1/2 King's Hawaiian Product 4/17/2011 RP Insert (exp 6/19/2011)
  $1/2 King's Hawaiian Snackers Publix Spring Booklet
Paid $1.00 for 2

2 Odwalla Smoothies 2/$4.00
  $1.00/2 Publix Healthy Living Coupon Booklet
  $0.55/1 (use 2) in store smart source machine
Paid $1.90 for 2

2 Sunchips $3.79/ea
  $1.00/1 Sunchips – Target.com coupon (expires 5/7) use 2
  $2/2 Lays, Sunchips or Rold Gold Products 5/1/2011 Moments to Save Insert (exp 5/21/2011) Paid $3.58 for 2
2 2-liter Sierra Mist
  B1G1 Sierra Mist Natural WYB SunChips or Lay's 5/1/2011 Moments to Save (exp 5/21/2011) use 2
  Got this online as it was missing from my paper http://savingthefamilymoney.com/printable-pepsico-coupons/
Both free

2 I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter Spray Made w/ Extra Virgin Olive Oil Product B1G1 $3.19
   $1/1 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray printable after you like them on Facebook use 2
Paid $1.19 for 2

1 Uncle Ben’s ready Rice $1.99/ea
  Free coupon mailed to my home for becoming their fan on Facebook
Free

2 Ore-Ida Sweet Potato fries and 1 Ore-Ida Steak Fries $3.81/ea
  $1/1 Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries use 2
  Free Bag of Ore-Ida Fries when you buy 2 - Publix Spring Booklet
Paid $5.62 for 3

$50 Gas Card to shell (Winn Dixie offers money off per gallon for groceries (i.e. meat) I’ve purchased.)
  $10 Off the Purchase of Any $50 Gas Card w/Grocery Purchase of $25. Remember you only have to reach $25 BEFORE all other coupons!
Paid $40.00

Coupon for $5 Off the Purchase of Any $55 in groceries – Winn Dixie register coupon

No picture this time as it was after 10pm when I got home. Before coupons, my total was over $100.  That already included $23 in store sale prices. I used 19.00 in store coupons and $38 in manufacturer coupons bringing my total bill down to $44.46!! Amazing considering I walked away with a gas card good for $50.00 in gas!! This isn’t all of my groceries but by making a small stockpile, using our freezers, and buying fresh produce from the local art’s market our costs are drastically cut.

Walgreens is another store I frequent for deals and this week I got 2 digital collage prints of Nolan, Reach toothbrushes, Reach floss, Right Guard Men’s deodorant, Old Spice body wash, and BIC Soleil razors all for free!! Same concept as above!

2 comments:

  1. i did great my last trip too! unfortunately i dont have the time to hit farmers markets for produce. That takes up a large chunk of my weekly spending since i am a fresh veggie/fruit-aholic! Meats take up the other chunk. But saving on the misc stuff is key! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete