Sunday, May 11, 2014

Homemade Popsicles!!

Disclosure: I received this product in order to complete a review.

Ice cream and other cold deserts are the boys' favorite summer treats. Nolan like to think he's smart and will tell me he's hungry. When I ask him what he wants he'll say, "Hmm I think it has to be something cold." I've made homemade popsicles in the past but with the plastic tubs you fill and place a stick in. They were fun but hard to get out of the molds and I usually lost about half in the molds not to mention the drippy mess. I tried out FoodWorks silicone reuseable ice pop molds and we're hooked!! They sell a colorful set of six on Amazon and were a perfect addition to our Easter baskets this year. 


They are individual silicone tubes with lids for easy no spill freezing. Because they are silicone I simply twist the tube to release the popsicle and hand to the boys. Even C can manage to get most of the popsicle out by himself. Nolan can't quite yet eat the plastic sugar filled ones the grocery stores sell yet. He doesn't push the ice up by himself so he ends up just drinking from it as it melts. I was afraid he'd do the same with these but the thickness of the silicone helped him get a grip and he easily popped it up to eat!


What I love most about them was that I could fill them with no sugar added items and feel better about my kiddos snacks. Our first batch was simply 100% juice I had on hand and some strawberries and pears that were overripe. I mixed it all in the blender and poured in. A few hours later, I offered the fun snack and the boys thought they were really getting something special. It was much better received than if I had just handed them the fruit and some juice!

I've already concocted a few recipes that hide veggies too. It's also been a great way to use a few of the fruits that we end up with that the boys don't love. Cantaloupe and honeydew for instance! Yogurt based pops for a little more calories have been on our menu too.

These are BPA free and FDA approved for food use too. For busy moms they are dishwasher safe even. FoodWorks really wants to be sure you're happy with your purchase. They send out a great FAQ and recipes to get you started. I loved the tips and tricks section but found htem very easy to use even without reading ahead of time. These would also be awesome for some mommy wine-sicles!! oh the possibilities!





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment