Thursday, May 29, 2014

Your move or mine!

Disclosure: I received this product in order to facilitate my review.

One summer when I was around 12 or 13 I learned to play chess and spent the whole summer having fun with it. Since then I've never really played again (why??) and I've completely forgotten how. Hubby has tried unsuccessfully to teach me a few times but still enjoys playing himself. I want the boys to learn as it helps develop critical thinking skills but guess I better brush up myself first.

Enter ThinkFun's new game Solitaire Chess. This is a one person skill building game that aims to work out your brain and teach you some basic chess moves and skills in the process.


Hubby's skills were a bit rusty so he started on the beginner level. He said it quickly came back to him and he was able to run through some of the advanced puzzles even. If you've ever thought you should learn chess but like quick puzzles more, this is the game for you. It provides puzzles you set up with corresponding pieces. The movement rules of each piece are given and you then try to end up with only one piece left on the puzzle in order to win.


It's recommended for ages 8 and up but I think the boys would be able to grasp the concepts around 6 or so. I love all of the younger aimed ThinkFun games we have like Zingo and Rush Hour Jr. (Nolan loves this game starting around 4! Highly recommend.) and Solitaire Chess is no exception!

Check out ThinkFun on Facebook and Twitter in order to catch all their new releases!! They really do have learning yet fun games for all ages!



I received the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment