Friday, May 2, 2014

Tea Overflow!!

Disclosure: I received this product as part of a review.


There are lots of tea varieties in the LeMaster household and I'll be reviewing a few different kinds on my blog here in the upcoming weeks. We've fully acclimated to southern life and drink tea most of the time. I never order soda in a restaurant anymore. Besides iced tea though, I've always enjoyed hot tea. Recently, I received a sample of matcha white tea powder. If you're like me you've never heard of matcha! I started with google and learned that matcha refers to a find ground powdered tea.

Instead of a bundle or tea bag of various tea leaves the leaves of green or white tea are stone ground to a fine powder and the whole powder is mixed with water for the tea. It's best to use hot but non boiling water to develop the flavor. Tea provides many antioxidants and is touted for other more natural benefits and consuming the entire leaf is said to give one more of those goodies!

So how does it taste you're asking?? I will admit it's strange mixing in the powder and turns to an almost coffee like consistency. I was worried I might not like but that wasn't the case at all. I was pleasantly surprised. It's actually quite yummy and delicate with very little bitter notes. It gives a very rich full feeling when you drink it too. Elsewhere I've heard the benefits of drinking green tea touted as weigh loss. This tea is very filling so I'd imagine it'd help control your appetite and let you feel like you're drinking something more than water with minimal calories. It'd also be great in a smoothie!! I've heard it's great with milk instead of water too! If you are a fan of teas I'd definitely give it a try! Check out Red Leaf Tea available on Amazon.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment