Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Julienne and Vegetable Peeler

I have a problem getting can openers to work and keeping vegetable peelers in the house. It's a weird sort of thing but somehow I tend to throw them out with the vegetable peels and can openers never work more than month or so for me. This means reviewing kitchen gadgets is always on my list!! This time I tried out the Priority Chef dual julienne and vegetable peeler.



It's easily available on Amazon which is a plus for me and available for Prime shipping. The company has lots of good feedback and was speedy in shipping my product. After you received your peeler you get a nice ebook with some good vegetable recipes. As a mom feeding pocky kids I'm always looking for help.

The shape of the device as a pure peeler takes some getting used to. Normally as I peel carrots or potatoes I'm used to the blade portion being parallel to the handle. Here, it's perpendicular. This didn't affect it's use just was different to me.

Zoodle (zucchini noodles) are all the rage now. I've seen recipes for making them from carrots and all sorts of vegetables and this is where the Priority Chef dual julienne and vegetable peeler really shines. It is a dual sided blade and the opposite side of the peeler makes perfect little "noodles". We made our and doused them in cheese and marinara to see if I could fool the kids. It was a no go but we'll keep trying. I've also made a fun salad using the julienne blade for myself!

This peeler is stainless steel and dishwasher safe and overall really sturdy. The handle isn't flimsy like I often find on others. Overall I'd give it 5 stars for the julienne portion. The peeler works great too just takes getting used to.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

2 comments:

  1. I love this peeler. Your veggies look perfect!!!! yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of those noodles before. Great idea. I will definitely have to try this product.

    ReplyDelete